A list of some of the art-law-business services by Adam Daley Wilson, ranging from guidance and advice to mentoring and coaching.
Business growth — consulting, planning, guidance
- Business strategies + authentic to your values + your work;
- Business + law skills — develop long-run skills + knowledge;
- Strategic planning for long-run valuation of your work;
- Supply, demand, and pricing planning for same;
- Artist legacy / archive planning — groundwork;
- Financial planning — groundwork;
- Tax planning — groundwork;
- Estate planning — groundwork;
Intellectual Property (IP) — handling, guidance, consulting
- IP strategy — protection, leveraging, licenses; rights; transfer of rights;
- IP issues — copyright, fair use, unauthorized use, appropriation, licensing issues;
- IP disputes + analysis re: sending + receiving demand letters;
- Equity structuring to retain fractional ownership in works;
- Secondary market strategies + contract clauses to control works upon resale;
- Royalties, deferred payment structures, and present value / future value issues;
- Creation credit, collaboration issues, splits, copyright ownership (e.g., music lyrics);
- Blockchain / technology-based authentication / provenance; digital and other works;
Negotiations and relations — handling, consulting, guidance
- Negotiations for transactions, contracts, terms, and rights;
- Handling agent / intermediary / broker / third-party issues;
- Relations with patrons and private + corporate collectors;
- Relations with galleries, advisories, fairs, venues, and others;
- Press relations + media inquiries; written and video interviews;
Dispute resolution + avoiding disputes
- Guidance on issues that arise, from IP + contracts to censorship + free speech;
- Avoiding / preventing disputes in the first place — skills training;
- Negotiating disputes and issues — companies, clients, collectors, collaborators;
- Serving as a neutral mediator to resolve disputes / lawsuits;
Coaching, mentoring, and writing assistance
- Accountability coaching — so you stay self-accountable to your own goals;
- Skills mentoring — to develop your own business-law skills for your career;
- Reviewing and assisting with applications and written work product — grants, residencies, exhibitions, artist statements; lectures + talks;
- Executive function skills — meeting deadlines; setting your priorities;
- Providing general guidance and advice — acting as a sounding board;
- Perseverance + motivation coaching — to navigate temporary setbacks;
- Available world-wide via email, phone, text, IG chat, FB messenger, or video.
Additional general information about Adam Wilson as a lawyer and as an artist is here.
Additional detailed information about Adam Wilson as a lawyer is here.
Adam Wilson — +1 (207) 699-9957 — email@example.com — 180 High Street #14 — Portland Maine — Instagram @adamwilsonartservices.
One block from the Westin Harborview Hotel in the Arts District / Art Museum Area of downtown Portland Maine, blocks from the Atlantic Ocean.