Adam Wilson provides serious + sophisticated rapid-response art-law-business guidance + advice for creatives + artists.
US + international.
(207) 699-9957 (mobile) — call or text
email@example.com — email
Instagram @adamwilsonartlaw — IG chat
Based in Portland Maine near the Portland Museum of Art.
I’m a Stanford lawyer. I’m also a visual + conceptual artist.
I help visual artists, musicians, writers, designers — all kinds of creatives — with their questions about art-law-business.
I respond to any art-business-law question directly, with fast, clear answers. My usual response time is just a few hours. If you need a faster response, tell me it’s a rush.
You reach me by phone, email, text, or chat. I respond by phone (this is sophisticated, serious advice; it’s not for text or SMS).
You can be at any stage of your career. You can be anywhere in the world. And you can contact me any time, 24/7/365.
I give you fast access to clear guidance when you need answers — before problems and disputes develop.
Some of the areas where I help are here.
Some 2018 examples included answering:
- A visual artist’s questions about pros and cons of incorporating;
- A curator/artist’s questions about protecting other artists’ rights;
- A visual artist’s questions about protecting her IP online;
- A designer’s questions about protecting her IP rights;
- A fashion model’s questions about rights to her images;
- A visual artist’s questions about moral rights.
I understand artists — I’m an artist, too. Some of my work is here.
I also understand art-law-business issues — I’ve worked a total of +/- 20 years as a lawyer, mediator, and artist in areas like intellectual property (IP), copyright, trade secrets, business litigation, business mediation, pricing, and markets. More here.
Simple consultations can take just 15 to 30 minutes — $25 to $50.
Payment is easy — Venmo, Paypal, Google, or Apple Pay.
My values and approach:
- If you decide I didn’t provide value, I don’t charge;
- If you need a specialist, I help you find someone;
- I believe in honesty, integrity, and trust;
- I believe in tolerance, inclusion, diversity, equality, and respect for all.
Some questions creatives and artists often ask me:
- What If I have just one small issue / question? That’s perfect; just reach out and we handle it on a quick call;
- What if my creative work is specialized? Let’s discuss for free; I refer you to an expert if your issue is specialized.
- Do you handle controversial art? Yes; I have experience in censorship / freedom of expression, as well as fair use and appropriation issues.
- How do you charge? For emerging artists, it’s $25 for every 15 minutes of time. You pay right after, by Venmo, Paypal, Google, or Apple. I have a sliding scale so everyone can afford this. Full details here.
- Do you give legal advice? I am a lawyer, but in this service I do not give legal advice. If you seek my art law services, please visit my separate site here.
Examples of creatives that I serve:
- Visual — painters, sculptors, photographers, painting, fine art, graffiti, street art, installations, photography, conceptual art, sculpting, metal artists, video art;
- Musical — musicians, singers, songwriters, composers, music videos, sound art;
- Writers — prose writers, poets, playwrights, literary artists, song lyrics writers, literature, poetry, plays, screenplays, fiction, non-fiction;
- Performing artists — actors, dancers, speakers, television, movies, theater, New Genres;
- Designers — graphic designers, interior designers, filmmakers, film + video editors, multimedia artists, animators, art directors, advertising, fashion designers, gaming designers.
My credentials as a business lawyer and mediator are here.
My credentials as an artist / creative are here.
. . .
Arts District / Art Museum Area
180 High St #14, Portland Maine 04101
A block from the Westin Harborview Hotel in downtown Portland Maine and two blocks from the Portland Museum of Art.
(c) 2018 Adam Wilson